Thursday, June 7, 2012 - 0 comments

Click or No Click


Click or No Click

It seems like every day that I see a picture on Facebook that says, “Like if you love Jesus. Ignore if you don’t.” If you “like” those that is perfectly fine! But if you don’t, that is perfectly fine too! Our love for Christ is not determined by liking a picture on Facebook.

1 John 4:16 says, “So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.”

Our love is determined by how we love Him, not how we “like” Him. We do not earn eternal life by clicking a picture of Jesus on Facebook and live our lives however we want. Our youth pastor told us we all have a Death Penalty. We are all dead before Christ enters our lives. However, we are also given a second chance, redemption. This is possible when we pick up our crosses and follow Him. Now I’m not saying to make a cross and carry it around. This cross is a symbol, a symbol of witnessing to others, helping others, loving others, and pushing through when times are tough. 

We all have choices we make every day whether it is Subway or Sonic, Fries or Tater Tots, or even Click or No Click. Whether we click or not Christ loves us the same. You could click a million different pictures and still be as lost on the last one as you were on the first. Our love is determined by our actions. Yes, clicking is an action but not the right one. Loving, caring, and being compassionate are some of the actions we need to carry out in our day to day lives.

I have trouble with these just as much as you. I fight with my siblings quite regularly, is that showing love? Compassion? Every time I fight I take a step away from Christ. I can improve this, I know I can, He doesn’t put more on our plate than we can handle. If I can improve myself you can too, we are both human, we are both imperfect.

Salvation doesn’t come from a picture; salvation comes from your love for the One in the picture. I dare you to love not like. I dare you to believe…

0 comments:

Post a Comment