Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 0 comments

Time Flies Part 2


Time Flies Part 2

Today my 6 year old brother graduated from kindergarten. As soon as I saw him walk out with his cap and gown it all hit me. I remembered my post about how time flies…

Living life to its fullest isn’t an “every once and a while” event. So many times we are sitting with others planning activities for the next day, week, or month. Just today I was planning my vacation with my dad. We aren’t even promised the next second, so why do we dwell on the future? I think people today are used to waking up every morning and a day just being a day (tomorrow is tomorrow, etc.). I am a few short months away from being 16 and man am I excited! I am always complaining to mom about how time is passing slower than ever. But I realized I need to savor every moment, no matter how long they are.

I’m sure you have heard of a bucket list. Today made me realize that our “bucket-lists” should be lived out each and every day. I know financially we are not able to support these dreams. However, we can still live our life as it was about to end. I, in no way, am trying to make you feel like you are “wasting your life away or procrastinating.” I am guilty of going day by day myself. What I am saying is that every opportunity that comes to you take it! I am reminded of the movie Yes Man. The main character is stuck in a dead-end job and is constantly saying no. Once he learns to say yes, his life becomes a much better one. Again, I am not saying if you always say yes your life will become better. It’s just a way of saying be open to each and every opportunity that comes your way.

Not being guaranteed tomorrow is a scary thing. I dare you to live your life to the fullest. I dare you to believe…

0 comments:

Post a Comment