Friday, May 25, 2012 - 0 comments

Odd Inspiration


(Don’t let the picture of this cheesy 80’s band prevent you from reading the post!)

The other day I was working on the blog and I had Pandora Radio on in the background. I love the band The Police so I put it on The Police radio and started working. On Pandora you pick and artists and their songs play as well as similar artists. In the middle of my work the band Tears for Fears came on playing their hit, “Everybody Wants to Rule the World.” As I was listening to the song I got to thinking about what the song was saying… 

This post may sound similar to “On the Radar” but I have so much to say. The song “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” simply talks about a person who is blindsided with their own plans. What I mean by this is that they are only concerned about themselves. I think everyone does this sometime on their lives. As I said in my last post, we sometimes get on these “highs” and think we are all that and no one can tell us what we should/shouldn’t do. Sometimes it goes to the extent where we think we could just rule the world (this is typically not the case but it has happened: Kony, Hitler, etc.). I know being on top of the world feels great but sometimes when we’re on top we tend to forget or not care about others and hurt them.

When we are “on top” we have a bad case of tunnel vision. We are almost like a train heading in one direction and it would take a lot of force to pull us off the track. That’s when prayer and self-control are our best friends. I believe that God can lead us out of anything (no doubt about it). But sometimes, I have done this, we feel like God can care less and we cut him off. You may not be able to see The Big Guy, but He is here. Some people may sever communications (or they think they do!) when they’re mad. However, some people don’t believe at all. I asked someone once how people could believe that we just popped up, how they could not believe in God. I received a simple response; it went something like this… “They do know something is here. I mean just look around, you have to know something is here, they just think they are above it.” That really hit home with me… 

Guys, we all have our moments when we feel we are above everyone. It is ok to admit it; it is good to admit it! In fact, James 5:16 states it plainly, “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” We should not take refuge in our status or possessions because they aren’t accepted In heaven. Our status may stay here and we might be remembered by it, but in the long run it is totally worthless to us or anyone else. 

We may feel like we can “rule the world” sometimes and we have it all (but we really have nothing). I dare you to reach for God in these times of selfishness. I dare you to believe…

0 comments:

Post a Comment