Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 1 comments

Family Time is the Best Time


Family Time is the Best Time

Tonight Emma, Graham, and I stayed with our grandparents. Whenever we stay, Pa usually cooks up a big dinner and we all have a great time. Tonight I actually had the opportunity to cook dinner (which was not too bad). Afterwards we decided to go fishing…

At the end of our trip I caught 8 (no joke), Gray caught 2, and Emma had no luck. As I sat on the dock I realized that I have been self-conceded on trips. I realized that I always put myself first and the others got whatever was left after that. What I mean by this is that I have had a mindset that it should be all about me. This isn’t the path I (or any of us) should be walking. I know I shouldn’t act like this and I’m going to try better to be more caring and not always think about myself. I realized that when I’m not always stuck up, I actually enjoy what we are doing. I feel very stupid for not realizing this earlier. I’m sure my Mom is reading this and saying, “I told him, I told him!!” The point is that I should have thought about this long ago.

“Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.” –Philippians 2:3

It’s not always easy to stop and think about others (I have experienced this many times before). However, I dare you to believe that selfishness is just a small bump on the road of life. I dare you to believe…

1 comments:

Stephanie Edens May 23, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Actually....when I read things like this, I'm not saying "I told him!" I am saying, "Good!" Unfortunately, it is hard being unselfish. We have to work hard to look out for others ahead of ourselves. The good news is the Holy Spirit helps us out in this department...takes over on the things we aren't able to do...some of the hard stuff. You can do this. So proud of your growth, buddy. Keep it up :)

Post a Comment