Friday, April 20, 2012 - 3 comments

Uncondtional






Unconditional

I was just lying on the couch with Pearl when I thought about something. I thought that no matter how cruel or mad I get with her she always loves me. Dogs, well most, love you with an unconditional love. I feel like Pearl has and always will love me.

Pearl is two now and I have loved that crazy dog for both of those great years. My first dog, Jackson, died about 2 years ago. Months later, we got Pearl. Now Pearl is a big part of the family. A best friend to all of us, except dad… Sometimes she is a little crazy but we still love her and she still loves us.

When Jackson died, I was extremely upset. I had Jackson since I was 3 years old. I was angry at everyone really. I should have prayed for guidance and comfort but I never did. I was mad at God, just like when I was sick. But I don’t think I realized something then that I do now. God loves us unconditionally too.

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?” –Romans 8:35

I separated myself from His love. I chose to rebuke God and blame him for this sudden death. I was so wrong to do that. Some say, “God doesn’t love unconditionally, if he did life would be fine, no death, sickness, hunger.” They are just as wrong as I was. God originally intended for life to be peachy. However, Adam and Eve fell into temptation and God punished us all for their actions.

God loves us unconditionally, and here’s how I know this…

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”  -John 3:16

God may have seemed harsh to some for punishing us. But He showed us how amazing He was when He sent His Son to the cross for our sins. How many fathers do you know who would do that, not only for you, but everyone who ever did and ever will exist. No one comes to mind. That was God saying, I love you to the ends of the earth and back.

Sometimes we feel alone in life. We find comfort in our animals who love us unconditionally. In my mind God sent us our pets as a reminder. A reminder that He is here and He will love us unconditionally.

God may seem absent in our lives sometimes. But He is always here to guide us. To love us unconditionally.

3 comments:

Paula April 21, 2012 at 12:35 AM

great .... as always

Stephanie Edens April 21, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Very nice...and I totally agree :)

Jess April 27, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Fletch- Is that Pearl in the photo? If so, she is so beautiful! Love those rowdy Weimaraners :) You guys should dress her up & do a family photo & have your mom take pics, (like William Wegman- google it!)

Post a Comment