Monday, March 12, 2012 - 3 comments

Here... Always


Here… Always

“But you, O LORD, sit enthroned forever; your renown endures through all generations… But you remain the same, and your years will never end.” –Psalm 102:12, 27

I’m 15, right smack in the middle of my teenage years. Most of us teens go through daily struggles such as breakups or being embarrassed by peers. I go through the same things as you. I get the occasional pimple and have my dramatic moments just like the rest of you. Sometimes it feels like God isn’t here. It feels like he has abandoned us in our time of need. And that is simply not true…

God was, is and yet to come. Take a breakup for instance, you are heartbroken and feel like you lost your soul mate. I’m quite familiar with this feeling myself. God is omnipresent, which means he is always there. Sometimes we pray asking for our crush to like us or for us to get the MVP of our sports team. This is not how we should pray to God. We pray to him and praise him for his wonders. Pray for family and friends that may be struggling. Again, never forget to thank him for His blessings.

It is perfectly fine to pray for yourself. In 2010, I had a tumor and I constantly prayed for healing. But sometimes I would curse God. I would judge Him and then ask why this was happening to me. God has intentions for all of us, a plan. God, no matter how bad things seem, will provide for you. Breaking up can be rough, but what breaking up truly is that God is saying he/she is not the one, you haven’t found him/her yet. Isn’t that amazing? Even before we were born God already knew who we would marry, how many kids we would have, and even our first job! Think about that for a moment… How amazing our God is! God is here, he will never leave you. He will never forsake you.
God may seem like he isn’t here sometimes, but he is here… always         

3 comments:

Stephanie Edens March 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM

So proud of you and the direction you are going. Love you.

Ralph March 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Thanks for the pick me up. We are all very proud of you Fletchie!!!

Paula March 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

You're wise beyond your years, great job!

Post a Comment